THREE WAYS TO SELL YOUR BOOKS BACK:
- Now you can sell your textbooks online!
Our wholesaler, MBS, has enabled a Buyback website catering specifically to EWU students! It's easy to sell back--just enter ISBNs, print out the pre-paid shipping label and send your books off--you'll get a check within three weeks! Just click here to get started: online buyback
- Bring your textbooks to the Bookstore daily
You can sell your books back at the Customer Service Counter at the Cheney Campus Bookstore (during normal business hours). Your current EWU Student ID is required to sell back books.
- Bring your textbooks to our wholesalers at the end of the Quarter
You can wait and sell your textbooks back during the last two weeks of the Quarter directly to our wholesalers. The Buyback is set up inside the Cheney campus Bookstore and for a few days at the Riverpoint campus (dates and times will be posted). The advantage of selling back to our wholesalers? They will give you top dollar, often even if we're not using the book again on the Eastern campus.
How Buyback Works
- At the end of each quarter during finals week, representatives from a used book wholesale company will purchase used textbooks. It's best for you and for us if you sell your books back.
- If we have a book order from the department to use that textbook again, we will buy it back at 1/2 the retail new price, until we meet our limit. For example, if a title is $100 new on the shelf or $75 used, we'll pay $50 for it. This is whether it's new or used--you'll get 1/2 the new price! We buy back the title at this price until we meet our limit for the next quarter.
- If the book is not being used on campus the following quarter, the wholesaler will buy it based on the current market demand for that textbook. There are a number of factors they take into consideration to figure that demand--whether it's being used on another campus, the cost of shipping the book back to their warehouses, whether a new edition is expected and other factors.
- So, if you only get a few dollars back for your book, it's because professors here at EWU do not require it for the next quarter but a school somewhere will have use for it. If by chance you don't get any cash for your book, it's usually because a new edition is coming or the book is no longer being used at all here or across the country.
- Remember, any textbook you've used for three months is now a used textbook--you've carried it around for a quarter, you've highlighted it, filled in some blanks, maybe set your coffee cup on it--just general wear and tear makes it used. We're just about the only kind of store where you can return a product you've used for three months and get money back!