Graduating in 2013?
Attend Grad Finale at the University Bookstore!
- April 23, 2013: Spokane Riverpoint Campus/Phase 1 bldg Lobby
- April 24, 25 2013: Cheney campus/University Bookstore
We've compiled important Graduation info below. For more info on the ceremony itself, click here.
To participate in the Commencement ceremony, you must:
- Purchase your cap and gown.
Caps, gowns and tassels are available at the EWU Bookstore Cheney and Spokane beginning early April 2013, and online (you can order your regalia online here once available and they will be shipped for a minimal shipping fee, or you can choose to pick up the package at the store). We sell them up to and including Graduation Day.
- Undergraduates (Bachelor's) need a cap, gown and black tassel.
- Dental Hygiene graduates (Bachelor's) need a cap, gown and lilac tassel.
- Graduates (Master's) need a cap, gown, hood and tassel.
- Doctoral candidates need a cap, gown, hood and tassel.
- Honor Cords/Department Cords.
Available in the Bookstore NOW. Please bring your Student ID to the Bookstore cash registers. Honor cords are $9.95. They are for Bachelor's candidates that have a GPA of 3.5 or higher. If you order honor cords online, you'll be verified for your eligibility and we'll send the appropriate cords with your order, so be sure to include it in your order. If you are not on the eligibility list, the cords will be canceled off your order and we'll ship the rest.
The University Bookstore Cheney Campus will be open at 7:00 the morning of Commencement, Saturday, June 15, 2013.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IMPORTANT CHANGE TO THE GRADUATION CEREMONIES:
- The 9:00 a.m. ceremony will be for both Graduate and
Baccalaureate students in the College of Social & Behavioral
Sciences and Social Work and in the College of Business and Public
- The 2:00 p.m. ceremony will be for both Graduate and
Baccalaureate students in the College of Science, Health &
Engineering and the College of Arts, Letters & Education.
Here's a link to further details about the changes this year to Commencement: click here.
The following are the colors used for hoods and tassels to designate master's degrees received. The University Bookstore can help you with this when purchasing your cap and gown. They are also available online:
|Arts and Letters
|Fine Arts, Architecture and Urban and
For Announcements and Rings, check out Josten's online
Financial Aid info • Career Services info
Photos from past Grad Finales can be found here.